Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween, Halloween, Trick or Treat!

This year we took Ava out trick or treating for the first time. She was really excited as we had been talking about it for weeks and she asked to wear her costume about 50 times before the big day.

Here are Darren & Ava setting out in G&P's neighborhood...
At first Ava was shy about going up to get candy but after 1 house (and actually getting candy) she did not need any help. I love this photo not only for Ava's giddy face at getting candy but also because Darren & Rudy (Pops) have almost identical smiles. Guess that is why I call Darren, Rudy Jr. sometimes and Rudy, Darren Sr. sometimes...I swear they act the same A LOT.

Ava posing outside with a giant Scooby (as I post this she is singing the theme song, never seen the show but Darren taught her the song).
And here is Ava & I on the staircase waiting for trick or treaters to come. Yes I painted my face like Ava's kitty face (see here: http://avaokru.blogspot.com/2009/10/goblin-glow.html) and no it's not as good but Ava loved it all the same. I had no intention of dressing up but Ava insisted on buying face paint that day so I put it to use.
The best part of the night was when we asked Ava what her favorite part was (we do this every day after school and at other times and it is always interesting to see what she will say). I thought for sure trick or treating would be here favorite but here is what she said "My favorite part was giving candy to the boys and girls." That's right GIVING candy was her favorite part - she will still tell you that. And it was funny to see her pass out candy b/c she gave HUGE handfuls to anyone stopping by & loved seeing all the kids dressed up. It was a great Halloween and I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...